Today’s the listener’s pick episode in the Summer Reads series. And let me tell you it’s quite the list. So let’s get down to business. Show notes with key points and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode93.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Maranda chose ‘4 hour work week’ for it’s practical tips and energetic vibe; I haven’t read it yet but I should give it a shot!
- ‘Overwhelmed’ isn’t a business book per se, but it really helps you organize and plan to make more time for your business and life.
- ‘Icarus deception’ is helpful to broaden your perspective, step outside your comfort zone, and is soul affirming for entrepreneurs.
- Caitlin had quite a few favorites, I haven’t read ‘E-Myth Revisited’ but have it on my bookshelf and plan to get to it soon, especially since it came up so many times!
- Yasmine suggests Think and Grow Rich, I’ve been resistant to reading this but should put it on my list.
- Kaye had lots of great suggestions; I love War of Art, it’s definitely an essential read to put you on a course of thinking of your business in a great wa
- Kimber agrees with me of the essential need for ‘Referral Engine’!
- I loved the shout outs to books mentioned in last week’s episode! You can see them in the show notes here.
- Michelle brought up ‘Profit First’ which is a great read, especially if you’re struggling with the financials in your business.
- ‘Quiet Power Strategy’ gives great examples and is very practical. A must-read.
- ‘Great Leads’ is all about writing great headlines, which is something we all need to work on.
- Lots of great books mentioned on Periscope, get your reading list boosted up and see what you can take away from these great reads.
Links for this Episode:
Enter to win the Summer Reading Package here: bit.ly/summerreadsbundle
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group
Fave Books Mentioned in this Episode:
The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
Overwhelmed: How to Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte
The Icarus Deception by Seth Godin
The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
The Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau
Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work That Matters by Jon Acuff
Worth Every Penny by Sarah Petty
The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg Mckeown
All Marketers are Liars by Seth Godin
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy
The Referral Engine by John Jantsch
The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
Choose Yourself! by James Altucher
Profit First by Mike Michaelowicz
Quiet Power Strategy by Tara Gentile
Great Leads by Michael Masterson
Duct Tape Marketing by John Jantsch
Book Yourself Solid Illustrated Edition by Michael Port
Built to Sell by John Warrillow
Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard
It’s Not What You Sell, It’s What You Stand For By Roy M. Spence