We hear it all the time about following our passion, but today’s guest has a different spin on passion and purpose. Author and writer Jeff Goins joins the show today to discuss his new book The Art of Work. Show notes with key points, takeaways, and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode80.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Jeff discusses how he never thought he had a ‘dream’ but followed the thread of his life to narrow down what it could be.
- The past doesn’t have to dictate your future, but it can inform it.
- Jeff explains how finding out your pursuit is the easiest part, but the work that goes into it from then on is the real process and the journey that lasts your whole life.
- Jeff’s advice on how to master our own skills in a way that lets us write our own ticket.
- With the changing economy, you have to be ready to accept your calling can be more than one thing.
- If you have several things that you do and that compliment each other well, you will always be able to change and grow with your life and the economy.
- Jeff explains the different hats he wears in his business and combines those skills to benefit his career in the best way.
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- What can you do to master the skills you need to be in charge of your future? Where are you today and what do you need to get where you want to go?
- Accepting your calling can be a challenge, but once you tap into that you’ll be able to adapt as the world of work evolves.
- What different hats do you wear, and how can you wear the ones that are most aligned with your calling?
Links for this Episode:
The Art of Work by Jeff Goins
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group