Branding may be a big old buzz word and so many people aren’t sure what it really means. Jeremy Miller, author of Sticky Branding joins the show to talk about what exactly sticky branding is and how to make it work for our business so we can stand out. Show notes with key points, takeaways, and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode49.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Jeremy defines what is a ‘sticky brand’ and lists some top brands that are considered ‘sticky brands’ and how they became that way
- What is ‘tilting the odds’ and how can you apply it to your business?
- Why being a ‘generalist’ can work against you
- How Jeremy and his family re-branded their business to a specific niche to make it more successful
- How to consistently show up in the discussion and being a part of the dialogue for your brand, but not become overwhelmed by trying to be everywhere at once
- Why ‘busy work’ will be the death of your business
- Jeremy’s favorite principle of his 12.5 and why it’s the foundation of building a brand
Top Takeaways for this Episode:
- Do you have a ‘sticky brand’? Look at your brand critically and ask yourself these questions:
Would people refer me again and again?
Am I the top choice?
Am I remarkable?
- Learn how to ‘tilt the odds’. This means finding your competitive advantage. Avoid being a generalist. Find the niche or market that is your sweet spot where you can be the master to go to.
- Work on having simple clarity. If you can’t explain in 10 words or less what you do and how you do it, there’s a big problem.This is one of the hardest things to do that I’m still working on too!
Links for this Episode:
Sticky Branding Book
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group