It’s no secret that I love books, so when I was looking for something fun to do this Summer as a series on the show, I opted to do a series on books. Every week in July I’ll be talking books, we’ll have a fun giveaway where you can win a book bundle and more! Oh and we’ll even have a listener picks episode! Show notes with key points and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode91.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- I explain the Marketing Moxie Summer Reading series and how fun it’s going to be!
- I’ve always been fascinated with psychology and persuasion books, and I’ll explain why.
- If you want to understand why people really buy, the ‘Influence’ by Cialdini is a great place to start.
- ‘50 Ways’ by Cialdini book is great because it’s basically the cliff’s notes on ways to be persuasive that are scientifically proven.
- ‘Winning the Story Wars’ brings in a ton of information on storytelling, and introduces the idea that social media is taking us back to where we started with storytelling.
- ‘Made To Stick’ helps answer the question ‘Why do some ideas succeed while others fail?’
- ‘Hooked’ answers the question ‘How do companies create products that we can’t put down?’ and explains the psychology of this.
- I’m doing a summer book giveaway! I’ll explain what’s included and how to enter.
Links for this Episode:
Enter to win the Summer Reading Package here: bit.ly/summerreadsbundle
Share your fave biz books for a shout-out on a future episode - www.maggiepatterson.com/favebizbooks
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group
Persuasion and Storytelling Books Mentioned in this Episode:
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Cialdini
- Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive by Cialdini
- Winning The Story Wars by Jonah Sachs
- Made to Stick by Chip & Dan Heath
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by NIr Eyal