One of the biggest challenges that most business owners face is that marketing takes up way too much time. From learning the ropes to actually implementing strategies, it can be a steep learning curve. Which is exactly why you’ll want to hear what Michelle Evans has to say, she has an amazing corporate marketing background which gives her a different spin on online marketing and what we really need to be doing. Show notes with key points, takeaways, and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode82.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ for marketing, don’t be fooled by how seductive the ‘magic strategies’ can be.
- Michelle explains what she sees happening with people following the ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach in their marketing.
- Michelle gives us some key questions we have to answer about our business before we can even begin to have a marketing strategy.
- The key assessments Michelle uses with her clients to help them pinpoint their uniqueness in their target market.
- Why knowing your audience and target client inside and out is so important.
- Michelle explains how to find the people who want what you offer.
- When you do get to talk to someone who is your ideal client, Michelle gives us tips on what to ask them and how to use your findings.
- How to not let your marketing take over your business, and how to make the time you do spend on it the most effective it can be.
- Michelle pinpoints some common marketing tactics she sees people hanging on to that aren’t necessarily working.
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Don’t get seduced by big promises and things that seem too good to be true. Sometimes the simplest things are the ones that produce the biggest results.
- Before you dive into marketing get clear on your strengths, goals, audience and more. And if you’ve been at this for a while, take some time to periodically reassess so you’re not letting things get stale.
- Is your marketing getting you where you want to go? More marketing isn’t the answer, maybe letting some things go so you can make what you are doing work more effectively.
Links for this Episode:
Michelle’s Simple Marketing Metrics Opt-In
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group