Today we’re kicking off a new series on the podcast where we’ll be going behind the scenes looking at what exactly you need to focus on to turn pro in your business. Today we’re kicking off with my friend and mentor Natalie MacNeil and breaking down what it really takes to make your marketing stand out and be professional. Show notes with key points, takeaways, and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode96.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Natalie shares her very interesting background, her business, and how long she’s been around
- Natalie gives the scoop on the kinds of numbers she tracks in her business and how it has really helped, especially in the last couple of years
- We all love looking at the money numbers, Natalie shares her favorite numbers to track
- Natalie explains why we’re so afraid of numbers, and why we need to overcome that fear
- It comes down to a main question: Do you want to be an amateur at what you do or do you want to be a pro?
- If you want to double your business in a year, you absolutely have to pay attention to the numbers in your business
- Natalie uses meditation to become comfortable with ‘being uncomfortable’ and empowering herself with the information that she needs to become the CEO of her business
- Having facts to let you know what’s really going on in your business can help calm the fear of feeling like there’s scarcity at times
- Staying consistent with your brand’s voice is an opportunity to deepen your connection with your audience
- Cutting out your weekly blog or podcast will probably eventually bite you in the butt, you’re basically only going to your audience when you want something and not providing consistent value
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Being really focused on creating a consistent, reliable, and trustworthy experience for your clients is key. What can you do right now to up your consistency factor?
- Getting obsessed with numbers can actually give you a lot more freedom in your business. Get really clear on what numbers you could be measuring.
- Ask for help! You don’t have to be an expert on everything, get people on your team to explain your numbers to you and be in a constant state of learning to ‘turn Pro’.
Links for this Episode:
She Takes On The World
Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
Sign Up Now for Orientation Week
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group