The Summer Reads series continues today and I’m sharing some of my absolute most fave biz books with a focus on business models and things you need to know.
Be sure to share your fave biz books for next week’s episode (air date: July 21) and I’ll give you a shout out! Click here to let me know what books you love! Show notes with key points and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode92.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Value Proposition Design addresses a core problem of every business: how to create products and services that people actually want to buy.
- The Pumpkin Plan is about a person on the brink of failure in growing his business, and how he turned it around into a successful multi million dollar business.
- Business Brilliant looks at the mindset difference between ‘middle class’ and multi millionaires.
- Rework is probably my favorite book on this list; it’s very bite sized and digestible, and takes everything we’ve learned in the corporate world and throws it out the window.
- Scrum takes a look at how people how spectacularly bad at doing things with efficiency. It gives a lot of examples of how to use ‘scrum’ to create efficiency in your business.
- I was prepared not to like ‘Growth Hacker Marketing’ because of how skinny it is, but it is jam packed full of marketing advice and value.
- If you haven’t read #girlboss and you are a female entrepreneur, run out and get it! She is sarcastic and frank in a way that most of us need to hear.
- Small Giants really delves into why companies would choose to be great instead of big; it gets you thinking about the obvious choice might not actually be the best choice for you.
Links for this Episode:
Enter to win the Summer Reading Package here: bit.ly/summerreadsbundle
Share your fave biz books for a shout-out on a future episode - www.maggiepatterson.com/fave-biz-books
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group
Business Model Books Mentioned in this Episode:
- Value Proposition Design from Strategyzer
- The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz
- Business Brilliant by Lewis Schiff
- Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland
- Growth Hacker Marketing by Ryan Holiday
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- Small Giants: Companies That Choose to Be Great Instead of Big by Bo Burlingham