If you’ve ever thought ”I’m not good enough” or “they're going to find out I’m a fake” - this show is for you. Why? Because you're likely experiencing impostor complex. Coach Tanya Geisler breaks down the essentials of impostor complex, why it’s actually good news if you have it, and how to live with it. Show notes with key points, takeaways, and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode76.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Tanya explains what the impostor complex is and some signs that you are currently struggling with it
- When we recognize that we’re experiencing the impostor complex, how can we deal with it and work through it?
- Why having the impostor complex means you’re actually stronger than most around you
- How the impostor complex in parenting parallels running your business
- Why hearing stories of others having the impostor complex can show us we are in excellent company
- Tanya shares some hallmark concepts of the impostor complex and how to deal with them
- Knowing we won’t get rid of the impostor complex fully, Tanya gives us pointers on how we can quiet it and learn to live with it on a daily basis
- Some of the common lies the impostor complex tells us
- How the impostor complex can actually help us be better in our business and question ourselves in a healthy way
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Remember that if you have impostor complex that it means you’re high performing and that you actually care about being excellent at what you do.
- Embrace the fact that impostor complex isn’t something you can defeat, but you can learn how to live with.
- Learn the lies of impostor complex so you can quickly identify when you’re going “there” - being aware of it makes a huge difference in managing it.
Links for this Episode:
Sign up to Tanya’s list to get the 12 Lies of the Impostor Complex
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group