When you’re on the content creation hamster wheel, it’s easy to forget about all that content you produce, or worse yet, you spend so much time on social with little to show for it. We’ve got EDGAR Founder Laura Roeder sharing her best tips on scheduling, real-time social engagement and more. Show notes with key points, takeaways, and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episdoe119.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- I’m sure we all have great ideas over what to do with social media for the new year, but Laura is sharing what overall is working really well with social media
- Laura shares her favorite way to inject personality into social media
- How do we find the balance between using a scheduling tool and responding in real time as a business? Laura gives us her advice
- Batch your social media ahead of time but use your daily time to briefly interact with people in your audience and circle
- If you leave a trail behind, you can know you’ve been productive on social media. Laura explains how to do this
- Laura shares some best practices for recycling previous content including recycling your social media
- The whole idea of social media is that you’re bringing in new people every day, so repurposing older content is ‘new’ to them
- The easiest way to get more traffic from social media is to share more links
- Laura shares one of the big power tips she thinks people are overlooking in EDGAR that could help boost their social media
- What’s next for EDGAR in 2016? Laura shares what’s up and coming!
Top 3 Takeaways from this Episode:
- Your social activities should leave a trail. You shouldn’t just be pointlessly scrolling. Keep your time in check and think about how you can be most productive.
- Do you publish once and then let that piece of content languish? Breath new life into old content by re-sharing it!
- Check out EDGAR to help you manage your social, seriously. It’s our fave tool around here!
Links for this Episode:
EDGAR - Social Media Scheduling Tool
Laura on Twitter
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group