We did it! Today we hit the 100 episode milestone with a very special episode of the Marketing Moxie show! We continue the pro secrets series looking at email secrets with Brittany Becher. And because Brittany’s on my team, we give you a little behind the scenes scoop at the end of the episode. Show notes with key points, takeaways, and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode100.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- Brittany shares where she thinks email marketing can break down for us.
- Doing a lot of things for your email marketing, but not doing any of it well is not doing your business justice.
- Brittany explains how to not distract your audience with ‘shiny objects’ by having too many opt ins.
- It’s okay to have more than one opt in, but offer it in a different forum ie. blog post, FB ads, etc.
- Once you have the volume to have a lot of opt ins, go for it. Before then, you won’t see the results from a lot of marketing tactics.
- It’s important to understand for your type of business what you actually need for traffic and email marketing.
- Brittany shares the most powerful thing you can do with your email to go pro.
- Consistency can mean a lot of different things for your business, we talk about what consistency should look like for you.
- When is it time to upgrade your email marketing system?
- When what you have isn’t working, it’s holding you back from what you want to do, or it’s creating a bottleneck, it may be time to upgrade.
- Don’t upgrade your marketing just to feel like you’ve arrived, do it when it’s necessary.
Business Lessons Learned from the Last 100 Episodes:
- The “idea hiatus” was Brittany’s idea, and was one of the best things I’ve done for my business.
- Sometimes ‘breathing room’ is the best thing you can create for yourself.
- The lessons I’ve learned have made my upcoming launch the best one yet, it feels really thought out and put together and includes all of the pieces I want because I took my time getting ready.
- My biggest win for 2015 and for the podcast in general has been consistency.
- Just because someone seems super successful doesn’t mean they didn’t have months or years of trial and error before you discovered them.
Top 3 Takeaways for this Episode:
- Figure out your one signature opt in. Having too many offers in one place can get confusing, so get clear on what your one main opt in will be to start out.
- Understand that the advanced email marketing tactics is all about a numbers game. If you don’t have a lot of traffic yet, using all of these tactics may not make sense. It’s not one size fits all!
- Make sure all of your content and voice are all flowing together. There needs to be a consistent thread across everything. Use a standard format for your newsletters, use the same voice for all communication, etc.
Links for this Episode:
Brittany’s Website - Foundation & Flow
No B.S. Marketing School - Get on the list now!
Sign Up Now for Orientation Week
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group