This is one juicy topic - we’re talking sales psychology, the why behind the buy and all kinds of things you need to understand before you build another website, email campaign or try to sell a single thing on the Internet. Guest Brittany Becher joins us to talk about why online business isn’t that different and what we can learn from the consumer packaged good industry and Target. Show notes with key points, takeaways, and links for this episode available at www.maggiepatterson.com/episode42.
Items Discussed in this Episode:
- How does sales psychology work?
- Brittany’s tips for figuring out the ‘why behind the buy’
- Brittany breaks down how the purchasing decision is made by the client
- How to get the client in the door, and also how to keep them there longer
- Brittany connects her ‘corporate world’ sales expertise to the online entrepreneur world
- The choice paradox and how to avoid it
- How to use sales psychology without being sleazy or feeling like you’re scamming your clients
- Brittany’s advice for getting your clients to trust you from the beginning so they keep coming back for more
- How to use the sometimes untapped resource of repeat customers
- When to pull the trigger and ‘get to the ask’
- How to make sure clients can give you their money if they want to
Top Takeaways for this Episode:
- Take the time to consider WHY people do what they do as your create your emails and marketing plans. The more you understand the triggers, the more apt you’ll be to be successful.
- Choice Paradox. Are you unwittingly creating it? Take a look at your website and see how many decisions people need to make as they go through it. If you find too many - time to streamline!
- Are you open for business? Don’t make it hard for people to give you their money. Be clear and don’t hide the price away. No price says “I can’t afford this.”
Links for this Episode:
Foundation & Flow
Foundation & Flow on FB
Link to Free Marketing Moxie Facebook Group